Emergency Road Resurfacing Scheduled to Repair Potholes, Damaged Pavement On I-95 Approach Bridge at Exit 51 in Pennsylvania
Lower Makefield, PA – Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations next Wednesday and Thursday as emergency road resurfacing work takes place along I-95 on the Pennsylvania side of the Scudder Falls Bridge, the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission announced today.
The paving work will address potholes and deteriorated pavement on the approach bridge that carries I-95 across Taylorsville Road (exit 51) in Lower Makefield, PA.
I-95 will be reduced to single lanes in each direction while milling and paving operations take place. Lane closures will be within the prevailing assigned restricted travel periods of recent months. This means two travels lanes are to be provided in each respective direction during peak commuting periods – 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. southbound and 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. northbound.
No detours will be necessary and the on and off ramps at Exit 51 will remain open while emergency paving takes place.
Emergency pavement repair work is scheduled as follows:
- I-95 southbound – Wednesday, Jan. 31, 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.; AND Thursday, Feb. 1, 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- I-95 northbound – Thursday, Jan. 31, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; AND Thursday, Feb. 1, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Motorists are advised that there is an increased likelihood of congestion and delays during these periods due to movements of construction equipment and rubbernecking by passing drivers.
The full schedule of project-related travel restrictions for the week of January 28 is as follows:
- I-95 north from the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (Exit 49) to the Scudder Falls Bridge – Intermittent single-lane travel patterns 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, Jan. 29, through Friday, Feb. 2.
- I-95 south from the Scudder Falls Bridge to the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (exit 49) – Intermittent single-lane travel patterns 8 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, Jan. 29, through Friday, Feb. 2.
- Taylorsville Road in vicinity of I-95 – Intermittent single-lane patterns 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 29, to Friday, Feb. 2.
- Woodside Road (west of Taylorsville Road) – Intermittent single-lane patterns 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 29, to Friday, Feb. 2.
- River Road/Route 32 – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 29, to Friday, Feb. 2.
New Jersey side
- Weekends: Project-related lane closures currently are not scheduled for Jan. 27-28 and Feb. 3-4.
Route 175/River Road and on-ramp to I-95 north – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 29, to Friday, Feb. 2.
- Route 29 interchange with I-95 – Single lane patterns in each direction on Route 29 in project area 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and restricted ramp widths 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 29, to Friday, Feb. 2.
The aforementioned scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, traffic, and equipment/materials mobilization considerations. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, and to reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.