LOWER MAKEFIELD, PA – The scheduled Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project travel restrictions for the week of March 7 are as follows:
- River Road/PA Route 32 – Potential for flagger-controlled traffic stoppages in the vicinity of where River Road/PA Route 32 crosses beneath the Scudder Falls (I-295) Toll Bridge, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, March 8, to Friday, March 12.
- I-295 WB (PA-Bound) in vicinity of the Scudder Falls Toll Bridge – Intermittent off-peak single-lane pattern permitted west of the bridge 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, March 8, through Friday, March 12.
- I-295 EB and the Scudder Falls Toll Bridge (NJ-bound) – Intermittent off-peak single-lane travel 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, March 8, through Friday, March 12.
- Taylorsville Road north of I-295 – Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, March 8, to Friday, March 12.
- Taylorsville Road south of I-295 – Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, March 8, to Friday, March 12.
- Woodside Road/Taylorsville Road Intersection – Intermittent lane closures controlled by flaggers 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, March 8, to Friday, March 12.
Overnight and Weekend Work (no travel impacts) – Removal of temporary work platform finger extensions on the river’s Pennsylvania side now continues into overnight hours and weekend daytime periods. The extended hours are needed to complete critical-path construction tasks before the March 15 start of in-water permit restrictions for annual trout stocking and short-nose sturgeon spawning.
New Jersey side
- I-295 NB (PA-Bound) – Intermittent off-peak single-lane pattern extending onto the new completed upstream span of the Scudder Falls Toll Bridge 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, March 8, through March 12.
- I-295 SB (NJ-Bound) – Intermittent off-peak single-lane pattern permitted 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, March 8, through Friday, March 12.
- Route 29 SB Bypass Lane – Continuing 24/7 closure with traffic shifted through the adjoining I-295/Route 29 interchange’s connector ramps and roundabouts for travel toward Trenton or onto I-295. ALSO, periodic traffic stoppages controlled by flaggers may be necessary in the detour area Monday through Friday.
- Route 29 SB Connector Lane between Roundabouts – Periodic brief stoppages by flaggers are possible at any time Monday, March 8, through Friday, March 12.
- NJ Route 175/Upper River Road entry ramp to I-295 SB – 24/7 closure continuing through spring 2021. DETOUR: Use the southern roundabout at the nearby I-295/Route 29 interchange to access the on-ramp for I-295 SB.
The aforementioned scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergencies, traffic, and equipment/materials mobilization. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.
Aside from the closure of the Route 29 SB bypass lane beneath the Scudder Falls Toll Bridge, no project-related lane closures are scheduled for March 6-7 and 13-14.
Delaware Canal Towpath (PA side) – Intermittent stoppages to ensure public safety for work in the vicinity of the approach bridge that carries I-295 across the Delaware Canal weekdays. Open weekends.
Delaware & Raritan Canal Towpath (NJ side) – Daily closure/stoppages possible 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. These restrictions – when implemented – will allow for construction of a connecting path and access ramp to the shared-use bike-ped facility that is expected to open on the new Scudder Falls Toll Bridge in fall 2021. Canal path open on weekends.