LOWER MAKEFIELD, PA – Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project construction continues to advance toward the opening of the upstream span of the new toll bridge in July. The full schedule of project-related travel restrictions for the week of June 2 is as follows:
- Taylorsville Road Access Ramp to I-295 WB (old I-95 SB) – A six-week, around-the-clock closure remains in effect until after Independence Day, July 4. Posted detour: Proceed to the on-ramp for I-295 South toward New Jersey, cross the Scudder Falls Bridge and continue on I-295 South to the Scotch Road interchange (Exit 73A), use the loop ramps to cross over I-295 and enter I-295 North back toward the bridge, and cross the Scudder Falls Bridge into Pennsylvania where the highway designation changes to I-295 West toward Philadelphia. (CLICK HERE TO VIEW PURPLE DETOUR MAP)
- I-295 WB from the bridge to the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley Road interchange (Exit 8) – Off-peak Intermittent single-lane travel – if needed for construction – 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, June 3, to Friday, June 7.
- Taylorsville Road north of I-295 – Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, June 3, to Friday, June 7.
- Taylorsville Road south of I-295 – Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, June 3, to Friday, June 7.
- Woodside Road – Intermittent right or left lane closures with passage maintained in each direction and/or flagging-controlled travel 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, June 3, to Friday, June 7.
- PA Route 32/River Road – Intermittent alternating traffic controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, June 3, to Friday, June 7.
New Jersey side
- I-295 NB/WB (old I-95 SB) approaching the Scudder Falls Bridge from New Jersey to Pennsylvania – Intermittent off-peak single-lane travel patterns 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, June 3, through Friday, June 7.
- I-295/Route 29 Interchange (Exit 76) – The following closures and detours are 24/7 until later in June:
- I-295 EB/SB Exit Ramp to Route 29 NB (first exit in NJ after crossing Scudder Falls Bridge from Pennsylvania) – Continue along I-295 SB to Exit 73A (Scotch Road North), use the exit’s loop ramps to make a U-turn onto I-295 NB for return to the Route 29 interchange (Exit 76) and the ramp to Route 29 NB. (CLICK HERE TO VIEW ORANGE DETOUR MAP)
- Route 29 SB & NB entry ramps to I-295 NB/WB and PA-bound travel on the Scudder Falls Bridge –Proceed into the downstream roundabout and use the ramp for I-295 SB, follow to Exit 73A (Scotch Road North), use the exit’s loop ramps to make a U-turn onto I-295 NB and travel across the bridge to I-295 WB in Pennsylvania. – (CLICK HERE TO VIEW BLUE DETOUR MAP)
- I-295 NB exit ramp to Route 29 SB (at last exit in NJ) – Proceed across the Scudder Falls Bridge for a U-turn at the Taylorsville Road interchange (Exit 10) in PA, take I-295 SB across the bridge for connection with Route 29 SB via the first NJ exit ramp and the downstream roundabout. (CLICK HERE TO VIEW GREEN DETOUR MAP)
- Route 29 NB bypass roadway – Intermittent short-duration, flagger-controlled stoppages 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, June 3, to Friday, June 7.
- Route 175/Upper River Road – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel patterns 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, June 3, to Friday, June 7.
Canal Towpaths near the Scudder Falls Bridge:
NJ side – Intermittent daytime and nighttime closures of the Delaware & Raritan Canal towpath segment in New Jersey to continue through June. Open weekends.
PA side – Open – intermittent closures expected to resume in mid-June.
The aforementioned scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, traffic, and equipment/materials mobilization considerations. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, and to reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.