EWING, NJ – NJ Route 175/River Road will be closed and detoured four nights next week to allow for demolition and construction activities related to the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project, the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission announced today.
(Note: These overnight detours will have no bearing on thru traffic along I-295 or the Scudder Falls Bridge.)
The overnight travel restrictions will allow construction crews to perform various tasks related to the ongoing widening of the I-295 (old I-95) approach bridge that crosses above Route 29 NB, Route 175/River Road, and the Delaware & Raritan Canal on the New Jersey side of the Scudder Falls Bridge.
The full schedule of project-related travel restrictions for the week of Feb. 3 is as follows:
New Jersey side
- Route 175/River Road – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel patterns controlled by flaggers approximately 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4 to Friday, Feb. 8. Also OVERNIGHT closures with posted detours of Route 175/River Road in the vicinity of the Scudder Falls Bridge Monday, Feb. 4 through Thursday, Feb. 7 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next day).
- I-295 EB/SB (old I-95 NB) crossing the Scudder Falls Bridge into New Jersey – Intermittent single-lane travel patterns Monday, Feb. 4, through Friday, Feb. 8, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next day).
- I-295 NB/WB (old I-95 SB) approaching the Scudder Falls Bridge Pennsylvania-bound – Intermittent single-lane travel patterns Monday, Feb. 4, through Friday, Feb. 8, 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day).
- I-295 EB & WB in the vicinity of the Scudder Falls Bridge – Intermittent off-peak single-lane travel patterns possible due to construction along I-295 on the NJ side of the Scudder Falls Bridge Monday, Feb. 4, through Friday, Feb. 8.
- Taylorsville Road north of I-295 – Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4, to Friday, Feb. 8.
- Taylorsville Road south of I-295 – Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4, to Friday, Feb. 8.
- Woodside Road – Right or left lane closures with passage maintained in each direction and/or flagging-controlled travel 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4, to Friday, Feb. 8.
- PA Route 32/River Road –Intermittent stoppages and alternating traffic controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4, to Friday, Feb. 8.
Weekends: Aside from any Friday overnight travel restrictions extending into Saturdays, no other lane closures and detours are scheduled for the weekends of Feb. 2-3 and Feb. 9-10.
Canal Towpath Sections near the Scudder Falls Bridge: Intermittent daytime and nighttime closures of the Delaware & Raritan Canal towpath segment in New Jersey have been extended; they are now expected to continue until February 10. (Note: New Jersey towpath closures may occur on weekdays and weekends, although Sunday closures are very unlikely.) Intermittent weekday closures of the Delaware Canal towpath segment in Pennsylvania are scheduled until Feb. 20.
The aforementioned scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, traffic, and equipment/materials mobilization considerations. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, and to reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.