A series of travel restrictions could affect some I-95 motorists during off-peak and overnight hours next week as land-based preparations for the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project continue to intensify before the onset of expanded construction activities following the Fourth of July holiday travel period.
The following project-related travel restrictions are scheduled for the 4.4-mile project area during the week of June 25:
- I-95 south PA – single-lane travel pattern from the bridge to the Rte. 332/NewtownYardley interchange (Exit 49) OFFPEAK 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, June 26; OVERNIGHT, 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. (following morning) Tuesday, June 27 to Thursday, June 29.
- I-95 north PA – single-lane travel pattern Rte. 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (Exit 49) to the Scudder Falls Bridge, OVERNIGHT, 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. (following morning) on Monday, June 26, Tuesday, June 27, and Wednesday, June 28.
- Taylorsville/Woodside roads intersection – Intermittent short-term lane closures 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, June 26 to Thursday, June 29.
- River Road/Route 32, Lower Makefield, PA – short-term alternating single-lane travel patterns with flaggers 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, June 26 to Friday, June 30.
New Jersey side
- Route 29 south – single-lane pattern at I-95 interchange (Exit 1) OFF-PEAK 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, June 26, and OVERNIGHT 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Wednesday, June 28.
- Route 29 north – single-lane pattern at I-95 interchange (Exit 1) OVERNIGHT 7 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. (following morning) Wednesday, June 28.
- Route 175/River Road – OFF-PEAK alternating single-lane traffic pattern controlled by flaggers daytime and early evenings 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., and OVERNIGHT full closures in vicinity of I-95 overpass 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, June 26 through Thursday, June 29. Note: On-ramp to I-95 will be inaccessible during the overnight closure periods; affected motorists should follow the posted detour routes.
Motorist impacts from these scheduled travel restrictions, if any, are expected to be minor.
The scheduled restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, and traffic considerations. Motorists are urged to reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through active work zones.
More information and videos on the bridge replacement project are available at www.scudderfallsbridge.com.