The Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project is being staged in a manner that will minimize impacts to traffic, local business and communities. Various measure will be used to manage construction impacts.
All major construction activities will be evaluated for their impacts on traffic to ensure construction is sequenced in a manner that imposes the lowest feasible impact on the traveling public. While traffic shifts and mid-day/overnight lane closures are necessary to complete the work, all existing lanes will remain open during morning and evening commuting times, and all ramp detours will be temporary and short-term in duration.
Weekly Travel Advisories
See below for the list of traffic advisories for the upcoming week.
- NEW! I-295 WB Off-Ramp to Taylorsville Road (Exit 10 for Yardley and New Hope) – Overnight closure with posted detour to the PA Route 332/Newtown-Yardley Road interchange (Exit 8), 8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 22, to 6 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 23.
- I-295 WB – Possible off-peak single-lane travel 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 22, to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 23; and 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 23, to 6 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 24.
- I-295 EB and the Scudder Falls Bridge (NJ-Bound) – Possible off-peak single-lane travel 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, Nov. 22, and through Tuesday, Nov. 23.
- River Road/PA Route 32 – Brief traffic stoppages possible in the vicinity of where River Road/PA Route 32 crosses beneath the Scudder Falls (I-295) Toll Bridge, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 22, and Tuesday, Nov. 23.
- Woodside Road from River Road to Park-n-Ride Lot – Possible flagging and short-term stoppages 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 22, and Tuesday, Nov. 23.
New Jersey side
- New! I-295 NB Off-Ramp to Route 29 (Exit 76 – Last NJ exit before Toll) – One day closure starting 7 a.m. and continuing until at least 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 23. To avoid the toll at the Scudder Falls Bridge, motorists who use Exit 76 must take the detour starting at the prior County Route 579/Bear Tavern Road interchange (Exit 75). The posted detour will be as follows: Take the Exit 75 off-ramp and keep right to loop onto southbound CR-579/Bear Tavern Road. Proceed to the second traffic signal at the intersection of West Upper Ferry Road/CR-634. Turn right and proceed on West Upper Ferry Road/CR-634 to the next traffic signal at the intersection of Route 29. Motorists can either turn left on the green signal to take Route 29 SB toward Trenton and other points south, or turn right to take Route 29 NB toward Washington Crossing, Lambertville and other points north. (CLICK HERE TO VIEW DETOUR MAP)
- Continuing - Route 29 Roundabout Connector Lanes at I-295/Route 29 Interchange (Exit 76) – Connector lanes beneath the Scudder Falls Toll Bridge are expected to remain barricaded for three more weeks. This prevents U-turns and four ramp travel movements at the interchange:
- I-295 SB access to Route 29 NB (CLICK HERE TO VIEW DETOUR MAP)
- I-295 NB access to Route 29 SB (CLICK HERE TO VIEW DETOUR MAP)
- Route 29 SB access to I-295 SB (CLICK HERE TO VIEW DETOUR MAP)
- Route 29 NB access to I-295 NB/WB and the Scudder Falls Toll Bridge Pennsylvania-bound (CLICK HERE TO VIEW DETOUR MAP)
Note: The connector lane closures and detours could end late Monday, Nov. 22.
- I-295 NB and the Scudder Falls Toll Bridge (PA-Bound) – Possible off-peak single-lane travel 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, Nov. 22, and through Tuesday, Nov. 23.
- I-295 SB – Possible off-peak single-lane travel 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 22, to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 23; and 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 23, to 6 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 24.
- Route 29 SB Bypass Lane – Possible closure for final paving on Wednesday, Nov. 24, or Monday, Nov. 29. Otherwise, open to traffic.
- Route 29 NB Bypass Lane – Possible short-term flagging and stoppages 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 22, and Tuesday, Nov. 23.
- Route 175/Upper River Road – DAYTIME closure with detour via nearby Route 29 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 22, and Tuesday, Nov. 23. Possible closure for final paving on Wednesday, Nov. 24, or Monday, Nov. 29.
- Route 175/Upper River Road entry ramp to I-295 SB – Continuing 24/7 closure. DETOUR: Use the southern roundabout at the nearby I-295/Route 29 interchange to access the on-ramp for I-295 SB. (UPDATE: This closure is now projected to end during the first full week of December, weather permitting.)
Important Note: All aforementioned scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergencies, traffic, and equipment/materials mobilization. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.
Weekends – Aside from the current continuous closures of the roundabout connector lanes beneath the Scudder Falls Toll Bridge, no other project-related lane closures are scheduled for the weekends of Nov. 20-21 and 27-28.
NJ Route 29 South Bypass Lane Diversion through Roundabouts Weekdays until on or about Dec. 10
UPDATED - NJ Rte. 175/River Road On-Ramp to I-295 SB (Pink Map) Detour to End on or about Wednesday, Dec. 8