The Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project is being staged in a manner that will minimize impacts to traffic, local business and communities. In part to avoid traffic impacts, trestle causeways are being built into the river to enable work crews to access and build the new bridge from both shorelines.
See below for the list of major construction tasks that are underway. Check back regularly as construction schedules are subject to change.
Construction Update - Week of April 15
Major project work activities for the week of April 15 include:
- PA-I-295 - Continue roadway construction and drainage installation, installation of barrier median T-wall and moment slabs. Begin work to install concrete roadway between Main River Bridge and canal bridge.
- Taylorsville Road and Canal bridge - continue placement of fill/embankment and excavation at basin. Begin approach work and sleeper slabs. Continue work for approach, header and sleeper slabs on Taylorsville Road bridge. Continue approach, sleeper slabs and parapet construction on Canal Bridge.
- Main River Bridge -Continue placement of deck concrete and work on parapets and associated conduits. Continue utility conduit installation at various locations. Installation of conduits on the AET gantry.
- Bridge Monitor/AET building - perform punch list work
- New Jersey I-295/Rte. 29 interchange (Exit 76, Old Exit 1) area – continue drainage, lighting work and site clearing activities at various ramps for the new northern roundabout, highway lighting work; See related ramp closure information.
- NJ I-295 approach - Continue construction of new abutments backwalls,/copings and set new beams/bearings, install temporary shielding for demolition. Continue highway lighting, communication and electrical conduit at various locations.
|Project Construction Start||Spring 2017|
|Install temporary trestle upstream of the existing bridge||Completed/partially removed|
|Construct upstream span of the new bridge||In progress|
|Widening (to the inside) of the PA I-95 approach – from Exit 49 to the bridge||In progress|
|First span of new bridge open to traffic||Date TBD in 2019|
|Start All-Electronic Tolling (PA-bound only)||Date TBD in 2019|
|Second span of new bridge open to traffic||Summer/Fall 2021|
|Estimated Project Completion||Second Half 2021|