Travel Advisory -- Week of Aug.19
A series of postponed ramp closures/detours at the I-295/Route 29 Interchange are rescheduled to take place 10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 21. See left column or Press Room item for more info.
A 24/7 detour of Route 29 southbound traffic is set to go into effect 9 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, in the vicinity of the Scudder Falls Bridge. Affected Route 29 traffic will be detoured to nearby Route 175 until August 28. Detours also will be in effect at at the slip ramp to Route 29 south from I-295 north (old I-95 south); this traffic also will be directed to Route 175.
The full schedule of travel restrictions for the week of Aug. 19 are as follows:
- I-295 SB/EB (old I-95 NB) ramp to Route 29 NB & SB - detour 10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20, to 6 a.m., Aug. 21. Posted detour via CR-579/Bear Tavern Rd. interchange (Exit 75, old exit 2). Detour map here.
- Route 29 NB access to on-ramp for I-295 NB/WB and Scudder Falls Bridge into PA - Posted detour 10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20, to 6 a.m. Aug. 21. Detour via CR-579/Bear Tavern Road interchange (Exit 75, old exit 2). Detour map here.
- Route 29 SB approaching the I-295 interchange - An extended detour will be in place 24/7 from 9 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, to Tuesday, Aug. 28. The slip ramp from to Route 29 SB from I-295 NB (old I-95 SB) will also be closed during this period with affected traffic also directed to Route 175.
- Route 175 on-ramp to I-295 SB - OVERNIGHT closure with posted detour via West Upper Ferry Road 10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20, to 6 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 21. Detour map here.
- Route 29 NB detour - Use alternative route through intersection OVERNIGHT 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Wednesday, Aug. 22, and Thursday, Aug. 23.
- I-95 north from the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (Exit 49) to the Scudder Falls Bridge – Intermittent single-lane travel configurations 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, Aug. 20, through Friday, Aug. 24
- I-95 south from the Scudder Falls Bridge to the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (exit 49) – Intermittent single-lane travel configurations 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. (next day) Monday, Aug. 20, through Friday, Aug. 24
- Taylorsville Rd. (Lower Makefield, PA) in vicinity of I-95 - Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20, to Friday, Aug. 24
- River Road/Route 32 – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20, to Friday, Aug. 24
- Woodside Rd. (west of Taylorsville Rd.) - Right or left lane closures with passage maintained in each direction and/or flaggers 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20, to Friday, Aug. 24
Weekends: Aside from the extended detour of Route 29 SB and the slip ramp from I-295 NB to Route 29 SB, and any carry over of possible Friday travel restrictions into Saturdays, no other project-related closures are scheduled for the weekend of Aug. 25-26
NJ Delaware & Raritan (D&R) Canal Towpath: The Delaware & Raritan Canal towpath on the New Jersey side of the Scudder Falls Bridge wil be closed during daytime hours to ensure public safety during a new phase of project construction near the canal 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 22, to Wednesday, Aug. 29 with the exception of Sunday, Aug. 26, OPEN, and possibly Saturday, Aug. 25 TBD.
PA Delaware Canal Towpath: The towpath for the Delaware Canal on the Pennsylvania side of the Scudder Falls Bridge will be closed for mobilization and construction activities around-the-clock Mondays through Saturdays. Public access is Sundays-only through August. A map of the closed area may be accessed here.